We are extremely excited to welcome you back and have the Centre up and running, but we must ask you to be aware and follow the changes we have made to keep everyone safe upon our return. We are asking you to:
- Please be patient as everything will not be normal when you return and to please bear with us during our initial re-opening and transition period.
- If you are symptomatic or living in a household with someone else who has a possible or confirmed Covid-19 infection, you should remain at home.
- Keep up to date with Government guidance on social distancing and gathering sizes.
- Keep a social distance of 2 metres where possible (if not possible make sure you keep a distance of at least 1 metre).
- Good hand hygiene is essential – wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You should wash your hands before leaving to play, while at the Centre if necessary and on your return to home. There are various handwashing facilities located in the Centre.
- Read and follow all signage throughout the Centre – this is paramount to everyone’s safety.
- Please use the hand sanitising stations located at the entrance and throughout the Centre.
- Please make sure you come to the centre prepared, changed and ready to play. Our changing facilities and showers will not be open. There will be toilets available for use.
- Centre operating times will resume back to the standard which can be found here https://sandylands.org/contact-us/#times
- Pre-bookings will be essential (so we can control numbers in the building and to avoid unnecessary queueing when entering the Centre) and these can be made via telephone (01756 795181) or email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not have a booking for a session at the Centre, you may be asked to leave.
- All bookings made will require a full name, a contact telephone number and an email address – this is to comply with the Government ‘Track & Trace’ system that we have to follow. There will also be the NHS QR Code available to scan at the entrance points to the Centre. Further details can be found here on this link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works.
- We have to encourage where possible for payment by contactless and/or card to meet with Government guidelines.
- Make sure you do not congregate in groups within the Centre – once you have finished your session, you should leave the Centre in a timely manner.
- Make yourself aware of the guidelines released by each governing body of the sport you are playing. Posters will be displayed outside the courts to remind you of the current guidelines.
- England Squash guidelines for returning to play can be found here on this link https://www.englandsquash.com/back-to-squash.
- Badminton England guidelines for returning to play can be found here on this link https://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/return-to-play.
- The FA guidelines for returning to play can be found here on this link https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/apr/08/grassroots-football-update-step-two-20210408. Please note that indoor football is still not currently allowed.
- Table Tennis England guidelines for returning to play can be found here on this link https://tabletennisengland.co.uk/news/archived/coronavirus-update/
- By making a booking, you confirm and agree for you and all participants in your group, to abide by all the rules and procedures in place at the Centre and follow all Government and sporting / activity body guidelines. This is to ensure you are aware and understand your obligations when using the Centre’s facilities and that the Centre has a rightful course of action if you do not abide to them.
We are asking all customers to please make sure you follow all the measures that have been put in place at all times for the safety of yourself, other customers and staff members. We appreciate this is somewhat different and difficult time for everyone, but if we all work together, then we can all start to play again the sport and/or activity that we enjoy.
Thank you for your co-operation.